October 25, 2016 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
The Black church has always joined hands with other faith traditions and stood on the front lines as they did in Selma, Alabama, fifty years ago. Now it’s time to take on climate change.
That’s why I founded Green the Church years ago to tap into the power and purpose of the Black Church to fight for clean air and clean water. Our mission is to amplify green theology, promote sustainable practices, and build power for change.
Please join me and a hundred other leaders in the Black Church at the third Green the Church Summit happening in Baltimore in just three weeks.
Don’t miss the chance to:
- Attend workshops on greening your church facility, crafting your own green sermon, winning local environmental justice struggles, and advocating for action on the state and national levels (view the latest program here)
- Network with representatives from non-profit organizations and Black-owned clean energy companies at our Green the Church Expo and Showcase and learn how to help your church go green and speak out for the Earth
- Speak with Maryland legislators at our special Green the Church Reception about the importance of protecting low-income communities and communities of color through strong environmental policies
- Gather with African-American clergy and religious leaders from the Mid-Atlantic and across the country coming together to build a powerful movement for environmental and climate justice including:
- Rev. Johnny Calhoun from Mount Olive AME
- Rev. Barry Hargrove from The Prince of Peace Baptist Church and President of the Progressive Baptist Convention of Maryland
- Rev. Dr. Faith Harris from Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology at Virginia Union, Virginia Interfaith Power & Light
- Rev. Adalphie Johnson from Community Church of Washington, DC
- Rev. Deborah Jones and Rev. Sherry Molock from Beloved Community Church
- Rev. Serena Parks from All Souls House of Prayer
- Rev. Marvin Silver from United Church of Christ Central Atlantic Conference
- Rev. Jerome Stephens from New Shiloh Baptist Church
- Rev. Dr. Lewis Tait, Jr. from Faith Bible Church
- Bishop Larry Lee Thomas from Empowering Believers Church
- Rev. Booker Steven Vance and Veronica Kyle from Faith in Place/Illinois Interfaith Power & Light
In love and power,
Rev. Ambrose Carroll
Founder of Green the Church & Pastor of The Church by the Side of the Road